Monday, February 16, 2009

Last Week

Last week was crazy! most of it i spent helping my dad finish a project (building a fence) at work so that he could go to the temple with mom for valentines day. I cant believe I'm actually saying this, but looking back on it, i had fun! Yes i am now sore from tough work of a few long days, and yes it was very stressful not getting any school work done, but it was fun spending time with my dad. Its not exactly every little girls dream of working construction, but i quite enjoyed learning new skills, spending quality time with my dad (any time is better than no time), and giving some entertainment to the workers across the street who apparently have never seen a girl working construction. I got to joke around with Cheyenne one day who didn't seem so believe me that i got leprosy all over my hands from painting. she said it was just the paint. I told her i didn't know how it could possibly be "just paint", if i was in such agony and horrible pain. She didn't buy it, but it was fun while it lasted. After that, i drove her crazy by singing happy birthday over and over again even, even though her birthday had already past 2 days before. I promised i would stop singing to her after her birthday present from me came. She thought i was kidding, and didn't like the sound of it, in her mind i would never stop singing. What she didn't know was i had the most amazing gift for her that was waiting in the mail.

Mom and I, the night before Cheyennes birthday, bought her a Dwight Schrute bobble head! For any of you who don't know, Cheyenne and I are HUGE fans of "The Office". We have so often been in hysterics laughing our heads off while watching that show. We LOVE it! We have decided that Jim and Dwight together are our most favorite characters on the show. Anyway, on one of the episodes, Dwight got a "Dwight Schrute Bobble Head" for Christmas from his secret love. We just laughed and laughed at how hideous it was and how much he loved it. Then we thought of how funny it was to actually have a Dwight Schrute bobble head of our own. So that's exactly what i got her!
I wish the whole world could have been there to see her reaction! I don't think she has ever been so surprised in her whole life, or at least I have never seen her that surprised before! The moment she saw the bobble head, her mouth just dropped. She gave the loudest gasp, and then threw her head back laughing in hysterics! It was sooooooo funny. I wish the whole world was there to witness her reaction. It was exactly what she never would have expected! It's too bad i didn't get it on video or camera. I think also the card that we made her read before she opened it had a lot to do with her shock. It read: Warning! Open cautiously. May cause sudden blindness, nausea, or heart attack. Also may result in night mares. Happy Birthday
From that she was expecting something like a viper or snake to pop out at her! so it really added to the suspense and surprise! anyway, now we have a Dwight Schrute bubble head sitting on our shelf collecting dust. Our family really isn't the niknac type, but this one comes with an awesome story and memory, so it wont be going anywhere too soon.

Sierras gift from me didn't exactly work out the same way (her birthday is the day after Cheyennes). I told her i would take her to Susans school play that she worked really hard to put together. I wanted to support Susan and she was so excited that i was coming. I thought i would bring sierra along too. Anyway, Sierra was really excited about it, but then at last minute decided she didn't want to go because she would rather go on the computer with Tanisha! Haha, she is such a stinker! Oh well, at least she got what she wanted for her birthday. Mom took her out for dinner. I'm glad, its good for sierra, plus that's what she said she wanted, a mommy daughter date.

I don't really remember what else all happened last week, but I do remember that church yesterday was great! I love Sunday, it is my favorite day of the week. Without fail it is always the most uplifting day when i get the most spiritual nutrition. I just love young woman's! I hate to think that i will be out of there in 2 years! last night i thought about it and almost started to cry! i have learned and grown so much in young womans. The spirit can always be felt so strong between the girls and our leaders. I always go away feeling inspired and wanting to be a better person. I don't know what i would do without young womans. I have so many good memories, and bonds that i have created with the girls. I feel so much love for those girls. they are some of my best friends. i have had to learn to tolerate behaviors that i thought would be impossible, and by doing that, i have learned so much about them that has strengthened me as a friend and a person. I look back, and i would never trade those rough and frustrating times for the world! because of them, it has made me who i am, a stronger person.

Anyway, thinking about all of this puts me to tears so i better stop, but to sum it all up, my week was great! I had fun, i learned a lot, and i feel closer to my heavenly father.

Malia

1 comment:

  1. oh malia!! your better at decribing things then me! i couldnt decribe cheyennes reaction on my blog but at least i rote it down for the whole world to see... well mabe not the whole world. but your blog is really funny! i didnt get the urg to read it before because it was so long. i kinda got that feeling of when you see a bedroom and you feel the urg to clean it but then you get second thoughts about the fact that you could probubly swim in the clothes... but any ways sweeet post!!

    ReplyDelete