Sunday, January 25, 2009

Personal Progress Auction

All year the young woman have been saving up tokens from doing personal progress, and reading the Book of Mormon. How it worked was for every chapter in the book of Mormon that you read you got a few tokens, and for every person who finished the Book of Mormon , they got so many more tokens, i think that was a big one. then for every experience in our personal progress handbooks, and for every project, we would get so many tokens as well. It was fun to see how well i actually did. i was really surprised to see that i actually did get allot accomplished, and when i look back on all of them, i feel like i have progressed as well . i have to admit i liked seeing my progression in tokens. In all i gained 400 tokens from a years worth of work. i also admit, i could have done allot better than that. my friend Jessica did great, in all she gained about 600 tokens. she completely finished her personal progress book, and she just turned 16. she amazes me! she is going off to college next year when she is finished her grade 12 work (she is home schooled like me), so that's why she was in such a rush to get it done. this year is the year that it got serious for me. its funny cause i looked at the dates of every project and experience that i did, and they all date 2008. My new goal this year is to have 4 values completely finished so i can get caught up to where i should actually be as a laurel, especially because we just had another value added onto the 7 we have, now it is :Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability, Good Works, Integrity, And the new one, Virtue. I have only done Faith, so its time to get crackin for me!

Anyway, we had all sorts of fun stuff to bid on, one girl got a little red Ipod shuffle... that was the biggest thing. i got a watch that changes color in the sun, a cute little scripture case one of my leaders made (I totally want to learn how!), a little calender to put beside my bed with temple pictures, Mike and Ike candies, and a bunch of little book marks. it was so fun. our miamaid leader made those little sticks with the circles on the end and a number in them to add the the effect. it was all so cute.
We are going to do this again next year, so it was really good for us all to see how it worked and how much more fun it would have been if we had more tokens to bid with. Now I'm excited for next year to do better, and i think the other young women are too. woohoo!



These were some of the items being auctioned... Now that i look at it, i got that pink poco dotted scripture case, mike and Ike's, calender, and some of the book marks.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Wow that looks like a tone of fun! I wonder if my Young Women would be interested in an auction as well? I am just in love with the scripture cases when you get the pattern send it my way, I want to make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! You should definitely do it, i recommend it, and if it doesn't get them motivated this year, they darn will be the next when they see that you can only bid on so much with the amount of tokens you have. i know because that's how i, and the other girls feel.
    Hey Dana, how do i see if someone left me a comment on my dashboard? Ive been having to go to my actual page to see.

    ReplyDelete