Monday, January 26, 2009

New Years Dance

This was our new years dance. I had so much fun! I'm actually surprised i did too. The colors where blue and white, so i threw on my soccer shirt and white pants thinking that would be perfect colors. Ha ha, i was a little wrong for doing that when i got there because i felt very out of place. I was so uncomfortable, but luckily for mom being there she gave me a pep talk about not caring what anyone else thinks and just going and having a blast. She said people watch me and will admire me for that. I'm so glad i made the decision of not caring and just having fun, it really payed off. I was able to really enjoy myself and turn around and experience that could have been really bad and embarrassing! Also, mom encouraged me to go say a prayer on my own somewhere in a different room, so i did, and i am so glad i did because i really felt like that gave me the strength and courage to take on my embarrassing task.
Its funny to me how insignificant it really is as i look at the pictures. i look like i was having tons of fun (which i am), and you wouldn't even know there was a dress code or anything. With a mix of our silly minds, and the adversary, something so small and unimportant can really effect something meant to be good.
I love those testimony building experiences! Church is true!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. That's pretty funny. My favorite thing about you is probably that you really never appear to care what everyone else thinks when that is my WORST problem! Oh, and I had a lot of trouble finding this...it's maliacarter not maliarebecca! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Malia how did you get this great background for your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i guess there is alot to be learned about eachother... sorry about that bridian.
    dana, go to cutestblogontheblock.com, or if you go to my page there is a little box in the top left corner that you can click on, it will take you to the website.

    ReplyDelete